Gastric & Liver Problems
Gastric and Liver
Gastritis is the inflammation of the stomach lining (gastric mucosa), usually triggered as a reaction to some bacterial infection. It may involve sudden and severe inflammation (acute gastritis), or long-term inflammation, lasting for years (chronic gastritis).
In forbidden cases, gastritis leads to stomach ulcers with an increased risk of stomach cancer. The condition is known as Erosive gastritis. However, in most cases, gastritis isn’t severe with patients quickly recovering with treatment.
Gastritis does not always cause visible symptoms in everyone. However, the most common ones include:
- A burning ache/pain in the upper abdomen
- A feeling of fullness in the upper body
- Loss of appetite, belching, bloating and indigestion
In case of erosive gastritis, the symptoms include:
- Vomiting blood
- Black and tarry stool
- Gastritis Causes
Weakness in your stomach lining leads to easy inflammation by the digestive juices. Other causes include:
- Helicobacter pylori – A gastrointestinal bacterial infection that infects the stomach lining. If left untreated, it may lead to stomach ulcers or stomach cancer
- Excessive alcohol consumptionFrequent use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Excessive tobacco use
- Autoimmune disorders
- Digestive disorders
- Virus and bacterial infections
- Diagnosing Gastritis
The Family Tree Clinic Tirupati provides best Doctor for diagnosing gastritis. These gastritis specialists perform thorough physical analysis and conduct the necessary tests to ensure accurate diagnosis. In addition, our Dr Harshita G , also suggest dietary and lifestyle changes as a part of preventative care to maintain good digestive health.
Gastritis and Stomach Ulcers :
Although, both conditions share similar symptoms, gastritis is a general inflammation and ulcer is patch of dilapidated stomach lining. Ulcers lead to uncontrolled stomach bleeding, cancer and eventual stomach damage. mfine gastritis specialists suggest the appropriate line of treatment to avert the risk of developing ulcers.
Gastritis Treatment :
The first line of gastritis treatment depends upon the symptom’s severity and duration. A combination of medications, including antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors, probiotics, antacids, etc. along with diet control and reduced alcohol intake can treat the condition.
We, guarantee optimal gastritis treatment by proffering indispensable medications and care to all patients. They are adept professionals who deploy the best approach to treatment and offer suitable guidance to aid patients recover quickly.
Alcoholic Liver Disease treatment in Tirupati:
Over consumption of alcohol can permanently damage the liver.
Globally, alcoholic liver disease attributed for 493300 deaths in 2010.
- Common in people between 40-50 years of age
- Both the sexes are susceptible
- Sometimes hereditary
- Lab tests or imaging are mandatory
Broadly, alcoholic liver disease has 3 stages of liver damage:-
- Fatty liver (steatosis)
- Alcoholic hepatitis (inflammation and necrosis)
- Alcoholic liver cirrhosis
It’s important to note that alcoholic liver disease is a major healthcare concern. It leads to malfunctioning of the liver. The main cause is attributed to chronic heavy intake of alcohol. Alcoholic liver disease can lead to liver cirrhosis which is life threatening.
Symptoms include loss of energy, poor appetite, weight loss, nausea, belly pain, and small red spider-like blood vessels on the skin
People may experience.
- fluid buildup in the legs (edema) and in the abdomen (ascites)
- yellow skin color, mucous membranes, and jaundiced eyes
- redness on the palms of the hands
- Men (impotence and shrinking of the testicles) and women (breast swelling)
- easy bruising and abnormal bleeding
- confusion or problems in thinking
- pale or clay-colored stools
Self-care: Lifestyle modifications include no alcohol; low-salt healthy diet; and vaccinations for influenza, hepatitis A & B, and pneumococcal pneumonia.
- diuretics to get rid of fluid buildup
- Vitamin K to prevent excess bleeding
- medicines for mental confusion and infections
- endoscopic treatments for esophageal varices
- removal of fluid from the abdomen
- placement of TIPS to repair blood flow in the livera liver transplant when cirrhosis progresses to the end stage