Diet & Nutrition
Food and nutrition is an important aspect in your kid’s life. Think about not getting adequate food in a day. How does it make a person feel like? Tired, weak, and low on energy, isn’t it?
Well, that’s why nutrition is most important for a healthy living. And when the nutrition comes directly from the mother, there’s probably nothing better than that. Right?
That’s right. Right from the day you conceive, your baby grows with the nutrition that you give, and the process continues during the gestation period and post delivery when your baby is in your lap.
Infant and newborn nutrition is the most important aspect that can have a good or bad impact on the child’s health. Mother’s milk is the best nutrition for the child’s growth and development.
Nevertheless, some mothers might not be able to provide adequate milk for the baby’s nourishment, which can be supplemented with formula milk. It is also important to understand when is the right time to wean your baby off from breast milk, and start giving solids.
Your paediatric nutritionist will be able to:
- Assess the right time for weaning
- Suggest the right foods for your child
- Plan your baby’s food timings
We help you plan their diet as per requirement. We will educate and inform you on what your child needs, and all about the essential nutrients that your baby needs for growth and development. You will also be given certain instructions regarding what kind of baby foods you can and must give, once you start giving solids. Here we have a brief list of some of the important nutrients for your reference.
SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS REQUIRED FOR HEALTHY GROWTH
- Calcium – Calcium is the nutrient that helps in strengthening bones and teeth
- Folate – Folate is the nutrient that helps in cell division
- Fats – Fats aid in providing healthy skin, hair, energy. They also protect the baby from infections, which is quite an interesting fact
- Iron – Iron in the body is responsible for building blood cells, and the development of the brain
- Proteins & carbohydrates – Help in fuelling the child’s growth and provide energy
- Zinc – Zinc helps in the growth and repair of cells in the body
- Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K – There are a number of health aspects associate with all these vitamins. Health of your eyesight, bones, hair, skin, etc., are all supported by all these vitamins
As your baby grows there are several things that keep changing within their body. The body’s functioning, mainly the digestive system which grows stronger by the day keep changing until the child reaches puberty.
ROLE OF YOUR PAEDIATRICIAN IN RECOMMENDING YOUR KID’S NUTRITION
Dr. Shravan Krishna Reddy P , Consultant Pediatrician & Neonatologist at The Family Tree Clinic , Tirupati is the right person to help you understand your child’s requirements. He would monitor your child’s growth pattern and health, which will give an idea of what your child needs, how well their growth is progressing and if there is something that needs to be added to their diet to accelerate their growth and development.
Some children might also be lactose intolerant. This will have to be addressed and alternated with other foods that provide nutrients that can compensate for dairy foods.
If you are worried about your child not eating food properly, or having digestive problems, or anything that has to do with their health, we are here to help you.
We’re just a call away. Call us for a consultation and get your child to have a healthy childhood.